First step is to create a SocialShield account (instructions on how to create an account click here). If you have already created an account follow the instructions below:
- If you know your child’s Facebook username and password click on “Connect with Facebook”
- Enter in your child’s Facebook Credentials and click on Login.
- Click on Allow. Please make sure to enter your child’s Facebook login information and not your own.
- If you do not know your child’s Facebook credentials or wish to connect one or more of other supported Social Networks (Twitter, MySpace, Google+), click on the link “or click here to send an email to your child”.
- Enter in your child’s first and last name.
- Enter in your child’s email address.
- You may add a personal message to the email to insure your child that what they are receiving is in fact coming from you.
- Click “Send Email” and remind your child to go through the steps provided in the email to connect his/her account.
- Adjusting Alert settings:
Alert settings are used to customize alert reporting to your parenting preferences. You may re-visit this page after your child has been added.
- Using the adjuster slider select your preference for all the categories mentioned. A brief explanation of alert reporting can be found to the right of the slider.
- Click on “Save Preferences"
For step by step instructions with screen-shots please see this link.